Thursday, November 1, 2012

Unleash the Politician!

Politics is everywhere. No, I'm not talking about the sort we watch on T.V., read on newspapers, check online or so, I'm talking about the type concerned with 'personal politics'. The kind of politics that handles day to day situations between family members, friends, acquaintances, work, etc. 

In the past couple of months, I've been going through many changes on all levels. Trying to figure out ways to get through my days with minimal head and heart aches but unfortunately sometimes, at some occasions, I fail miserably. This practically happens when I misunderstand people or mostly be misunderstood, which brings me to my biggest concern: why do we lack transparency in our daily transactions? Why is it that most of us perceive transparency the wrong way? And why is transparency in communication is mostly associated with negative thoughts and feelings? Many questions left me sleepless last night trying to find the best solutions and answers. Hours later the answer was flashing on my forehead: politics. You got to deal with things the way any politician would deal with his or her daily situations.

After I congratulated and patted myself on the shoulder for the epiphany moment I went through, another question popped up, now what? What shall I do in order to make my life and others' lives easier? Do I just play it like I'm expected do?... Needless to say, I did not like this approach so I tried to shift my thoughts towards something else. I took deep breathes, tried to focus, really focus on what do I want and realized that I cannot expect others to understand me as I am if I don't. I can't expect them to accept my transparency if I don't. So here you go: I hereby confess that sometimes (ok maybe most of the time) I don't accept transparency directed to me the way I should and that's mainly because I expect people to be transparent the way I know and understand what transparency is. 

So from now on, I will - not only try - be as accepting to others words and actions towards me as much as I want them to react to my words and actions. If I can do it, trust me you can! Let's all pull out the good politicians within us and create an understating atmosphere!

M.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment